Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
Research and Collaboration Possibilities with Helwan University, Egypt
(Partner of ECW Project within ERASMUS MUNDUS)
- Higher Education in Egypt.
- Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt including research activities
2- The Experiment of HU: UG, PG, AS, and PostDoc Mobilities to Europe
3- Sustainability between the consortium (Sabanci and HU) including :
- Working together for a Special programs that lead to a recognized degree
from both Univ.
- Establishing a centre of Excellency in mutually interested fields.
- Proposing mutual projects supported by USAID, EU, DAAD, and Fulbright.
- Mutual cooperation in accreditation process.
- Joined research projects.
- Common supervision for postgraduate students
- Cooperation in E-learning and distance prog.
- Exchange visiting professors in different fields.
4- Tempus Project to Develop New Mechatronics Program
Short bio :
Prof. R. H. Abdel Hamid is a graduate of University of Manchester, England in 1982.
He was the vice dean for postgraduate and researches and then the dean of the Faculty of Engineering, HU, Cairo, Egypt.
Prof. Abdel Hamid had many short visits and leaves to : Delft University(Holland), Emirates University( U.A.E), Silesian University of Technology(POLAND), Wuppertal University (Germany), Sofia Technical University(Bulgaria), Washington University(Seattle), Coppin state University(Baltimor, U.S), VCU, Richmond(Virginia), Georgia Tech.(Atlanta,U.S), Colorado State University(U.S), and Lawrence Technological University(U.S).
Prof. Abdel Hamid has 38 publications in the I.E.E, IEEE , and international and national conferences. He teaches and supervises candidates for M.Sc and Ph.D degrees, and also an external reviewer for many PhD programs.
Fields of interest includes Variable Speed Drives, Based-interfaced Machines, Energy, and control.
Prof. Abdel Hamid is involved in many projects funded internationally and nationally such as Tempus, USAID, HEEPF, and currently the coordinator of Erasmus Mundus EW II project in Egypt.
May 6, 2008, 13:40, FENS L055