Ph.D. in Engineering (material science and engineering), Brown University, 1997. Thesis Title: Crystallization Kinetics of Amorphous Tin-doped Indium Oxide (ITO) Thin Films. Thesis advisor: David C. Paine. Minors: semiconductor physics and applied mathematics. M. Sc. in Engineering, Brown University, 1994. Thesis Title: Interfacial solid-state oxidation reactions in the indium tin oxide film on Si and Si0.85Ge0.15 Systems. Thesis advisor: David C. Paine B. Sc. in Material Science and Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1992.
mechanisms of persistent luminescence plasmonic insulators materials for energy harvesting and storage cement regeneration Circular economy and sustainability in materials process industries structure and properties of interfaces thermodynamics and kinetics of phase transformation in materials controlled assembly of nanoparticles
Materials Research Society
1) W. Gao, J. Chen, C.W. Ow-Yang, D. McNabb, J.B. Vander Sande, “The stability of high Tc BSCCO-Ag superconducting microcomposites in water, some in organic solutions and organic solvents”, Physica C 193 (3-4),455 (1992).
2) C.W. Ow-Yang, D. Spinner, D.C. Paine, ”A TRR Study of the Kinetics of the a/c-transformation in DC Magnetron Sputtered Indium Tin Oxide,” Journal of Applied Physics 83 (1), 145-154 (1998).
3) P.K. Song, Y. Shigesato, I. Yasui, C.W. Ow-Yang, and D.C. Paine, “Study on Crystallinity of Indium Oxide Films Deposited by DC Magnetron Sputtering,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics 37, 1870-1876 (1998).
4) G. Leo, V. Berger, C. W. Ow-Yang, J. Nagle, "Parametric Fluorescence in oxidized AlGaAs waveguides," Journal of the Optical Society of America B-Optical Physics. 16 (9), 1597-1602 (1999).
5) D.C. Paine, T. Whitson, D. Janiac, R. Beresford, C.W. Ow-Yang, and B. Lewis, ”A Study of Low Temperature Crystallization of Amorphous Thin Film Indium Tin Oxide”, Journal of Applied Physics 85 (12), 8445-8450 (1999).
6) C.W. Ow-Yang and D.C. Paine, ”Microstructural Evolution During Crystallization in Amorphous Indium Tin Oxide Thin Films”, EUROMAT 99 Conference ProceedingsVol. 9, Interface Controlled Materials, Ed. M. Rühle, K. Gleiter, (Weinheim, Germany; Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH), 106-111 (1999).
7) C.W. Ow-Yang, Y. Shigesato, and D.C. Paine, ”Interfacial stability of an indium tin oxide thin film deposited on Si and Si0.85Ge0.15”, Journal of Applied Physics 88 (6), 3717-3724 (2000).