Transparent conductive oxide thin films are ubiquitously used in the electrodes enabling optoelectronic devices, ranging from photovoltaics to light emitting diodes. Organic electronic displays in particular are increasingly growing in market share. In such thin film multi-layered semiconductor and polycrystalline semiconductor devices, the internal interfaces and at the surfaces often determine the ultimate device performance and reliability. To elucidate the structure, properties and dynamics of such interfaces, the team of Dr. Ow-Yang applies atomic resolution scanning transmission electron microscopy techniques and other characterization methods in collaborations developing new transparent conductive oxide materials.
- J. Jia, C.W. Ow-Yang, G. Inan Akmehmet, S. Nakamura, K. Kato, Y. Shigesato, “Formation of Homologous In2O3(ZnO)m Thin Films and Its Thermoelectric Properties,” J. Vac. Sci. Tech. A34, 041507 (2016). DOI:10.1116/1.4953032.
- H. Kurt, C.W. Ow-Yang, “Impedance Spectroscopy Analysis of the Photophysical Dynamics due to the Nanostructuring of Anode Interlayers in Organic Photovoltaics," physica status solidi A: Applications and Materials Science, DOI: 10.1002/pssa.201600314.
- H. Kurt, J. Jia, Y.Shigesato, C.W. Ow-Yang, “Tuning Hole Charge Collection Efficiency in Polymer Photovoltaics by Optimizing the Work Function of Indium Tin Oxide Electrodes with Solution-Processed LiF Nanoparticles,” J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 26, 9205-9212 (2015). DOI: 10.1007/s10854-015-3613-z
- C.W. Ow-Yang, J. Jia, T. Aytun, M. Zamboni, A. Turak, K. Saritas, Y. Shigesato, “Work Function Tuning of Tin-doped Indium Oxide Electrodes with Solution-Processed Lithium Fluoride,” Thin Solid Films 559,58–63 (2014). DOI: 10.1016/j.tsf.2013.11.035
- A. Turak, T. Aytun, C.W. Ow-Yang, “Solution processed LiF anode modification for polymer solar cells,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 100, 253303 (2012). DOI: 10.1021/la3017722
- T. Aytun, A. Turak, I.D. Baikie, G. Halek, C.W. Ow-Yang, “Solution-Processed LiF for Work Function Tuning in Electrode Bilayers
- C.W. Ow-Yang, H.Y. Yeom, D.C.Paine, “Fabrication of Transparent Conducting Amorphous Zn-Sn-In-O Thin Films by Direct Current Magnetron Sputtering,” Thin Solid Films 516, 3103-3109 (2007). DOI: 10.1016/j.tsf.2007.07.205