Areas of Interest
analysis of nonlinear partial differential equations, infinite-dimensional dynamical systems, gradient flows, strain-limiting theory of elastic solids, viscoelasticity, solid mechanics.
- ArticleŞengül, Yasemin and Vorotnikov, Dmitry (2017) "Generalized solutions for inextensible string equations", Journal of Differential Equations, Vol.262, No.6, 3610-3641 (SCI)
- Before SU Publications
- A. Mielke, C. Ortner, Y. Şengül, An approach to nonlinear viscoelasticity via metric gradient flows, SIAM J. Math. Anal. 46-2 (2014), pp. 1317-1347.
- J. M. Ball, Y. Şengül, Quasistatic nonlinear viscoelasticity and gradient flows, J. Dynam. Differential Equations, 27-3 (2015), pp. 405-442.
- H. A. Erbay, Y. Şengül, Traveling waves in one-dimensional nonlinear models of strain-limiting viscoelasticity, International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 77 (2015), pp. 61-68.
- A. Karagöz, Y. Şengül, G. B. Başım, A Cahn-Hilliard modeling of metal oxide thin films for advanced CMP applications, ECS Transactions, 61 (17), 15-20, 2014.
- Y. Şengül, Well-posedness of dynamics of microstructure in solids, University of Oxford, 2010.
- Y. Şengül, Logarithmic dimension and bases in Whitney spaces, Bilkent University, 2006.