Ogün AdebaliFaculty of Engineering and Natural SciencesFaculty Member(216) 568 email@example.com
Areas of Interest
Computational Genomics, Protein Informatics, Molecular Evolution, DNA Damage and Repair
The Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Society of Turkey Molecular Biology Association
Nabi, Afshan and Dilekoğlu, Berke and Adebali, Ogün and Taştan, Öznur (2023) "Discovering misannotated lncRNAs using deep learning training dynamics", Bioinformatics (Oxford, England), Vol.39, No.1 (SCI)
Piepoli, Sofia and Barakat, Sarah Mohammed Mohammed and Noğay, Liyne and Şimşek, Büşra and Akköse, Ümit and Taşkıran, Hakan and Tolay, Nazife and Gezen, Melike and Yeşilada, Canberk Yarkın and Tuncay, Mustafa and Adebali, Ogün and Atılgan, Canan and Erman, Batu (2022) "Sibling rivalry among the ZBTB transcription factor family: homodimers versus heterodimers", Life Science Alliance, Vol.5, No.11 (SCI)
Selçuk, Berkay and Erol, İsmail and Durdağı, Serdar and Adebali, Ogün (2022) "Evolutionary association of receptor-wide amino acids with G protein-coupling selectivity in aminergic GPCRs", Life Science Alliance, Vol.5, No.10 (SCI)
Huang, Yanchao and Azgari, Cem and Yin, Mengdie and Chiou, Yi Ying and Lindsey-Boltz, Laura A. and Sancar, Aziz and Hu, Jinchuan and Adebali, Ogün (2022) "Effects of replication domains on genomewide UV-induced DNA damage and repair", PLoS Genetics, Vol.18, No.9 (SCI)
Kuru, Nurdan and Dereli, Onur and Akkoyun, Emrah and Bircan, Aylin and Taştan, Öznur and Adebali, Ogün (2022) "PHACT: phylogeny-aware computing of tolerance for missense mutations", Molecular Biology and Evolution, Vol.39, No.6 (SCI)
Kaya, Sezgi and Adebali, Ogün and Oztas, Onur and Sancar, Aziz (2022) "Genome-wide excision repair map of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers in arabidopsis and the roles of CSA1 and CSA2 proteins in transcription-coupled repair†", Photochemistry and Photobiology (SI), Vol.98, No.3, 707-712 (SCI)
Deger, Nazli and Cao, Xuemei and Selby, Christopher P. and Gulec, Saygin and Kawara, Hiroaki and Dewey, Evan B. and Wang, Li and Yang, Yanyan and Archibald, Sierra and Selçuk, Berkay and Adebali, Ogün and Sekelsky, Jeff and Sancar, Aziz and Liu, Zhenxing (2022) "CSB-independent, XPC-dependent transcription-coupled repair in Drosophila", Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, Vol.119, No.9 (SCI)
Akköse, Ümit and Kaya, Veysel Oğulcan and Lindsey-Boltz, Laura and Karagöz, Zeynep and Brown, Adam D. and Larsen, Peter A. and Yoder, Anne D. and Sancar, Aziz and Adebali, Ogün (2021) "Comparative analyses of two primate species diverged by more than 60 million years show different rates but similar distribution of genome-wide UV repair events", BMC Genomics, Vol.22, No.1 (SCI)
Özçelik, Elif and Kuru, Nurdan and Adebali, Ogün (2021) "Phylostat: a web-based tool to analyze paralogous clade divergence in phylogenetic trees", Turkish Journal of Biology, Vol.45, No.6, 667-673 (SCI)
Kose, Melis and Isik, Esra and Aykut, Ayça and Durmaz, Asude and Kose, Engin and Ersoy, Melike and Diniz, Gulden and Adebali, Ogün and Ünalp, Aycan and Yilmaz, Ünsal and Karaoǧlu, Pakize and Edizer, Selvinaz and Tekin, Hande Gazeteci and Özdemir, Taha Reşid and Atik, Tahir and Onay, Hüseyin and Özklnay, Ferda (2021) "The utility of next-generation sequencing technologies in diagnosis of Mendelian mitochondrial diseases and reflections on clinical spectrum", Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, Vol.34, No.4, 417-430 (SCI)
Azgari, Cem and Kılınç, Zeynep and Turhan, Berk and Çirci, Defne and Adebali, Ogün (2021) "The mutation profile of SARS-CoV-2 is primarily shaped by the host antiviral defense", Viruses, Vol.13, No.3 (SCI)
Gumerov, Vadim M. and Ortega, Davi R. and Adebali, Ogün and Ulrich, Luke E. and Zhulin, Igor B. (2020) "MiST 3.0: an updated microbial signal transduction database with an emphasis on chemosensory systems", Nucleic Acid Research, Vol.48, No.D1, D459-D464 (SCI)
Li, Wentao and Liu, Wenjie and Kakoki, Ayano and Wang, Rujin and Adebali, Ogün and Jiang, Yuchao and Sancar, Aziz (2019) "Nucleotide excision repair capacity increases during differentiation of human embryonic carcinoma cells into neurons and muscle cells", Journal of Biological Chemistry, Vol.294, No.15, 5914-5922 (SCI)
Askar, Yimit and Adebali, Ogün and Sancar, Aziz and Jiang, Yuchao (2019) "Differential damage and repair of DNA-adducts induced by anti-cancer drug cisplatin across mouse organs", Nature Communicaitons, Vol.10 (SCI)
Hu, Jinchuan and Li, Wentao and Adebali, Ogün and Yang, Yanyan and Öztaş, Onur and Selby, Christopher P. and Sancar, Aziz (2019) "Genome-wide mapping of nucleotide excision repair with XR-seq", Nature Protocols, Vol.14, No.1, 248-282 (SCI)
Book Section / Chapter
Selçuk, Berkay and Adebali, Ogün, "Common and selective signal transduction mechanisms of GPCRs", Progress in Molecular Biology and Translational Science, Elsevier, July 2022
Publications Prior to SU
- Yang Y., Adebali O., Wu G., Selby C.P., Rashid N., Hogenesch J.B., Sancar A.* (2018) Cisplatin-DNA adduct repair of transcribed genes is controlled by two circadian programs in mouse tissues. PNAS, 21(115), E4777-E4785.
- Oztas O., Selby C.P., Sancar A.*, Adebali O.* (2018) Genome-wide Excision Repair in Arabidopsis is coupled to transcription and reflects circadian gene expression patterns. Nature Communications, 9(1), 1503.
- Li W., Adebali O., Yang Y., Selby C.P., Sancar A.* (2018) Single-nucleotide resolution dynamic repair maps of UV damage in Saccharomyces cerevisiae genome. PNAS, 115(15), E3408-E3415.
- Adebali O., Sancar A.*, Selby C.P.* (2017) Mfd translocase is necessary and sufficient for transcription-coupled repair in Escherichia coli. The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 292(45), 18386-18391.
- Hu J., Selby C.P., Adar S., Adebali O., Sancar A.* (2017) Molecular mechanism of DNA excision repair and excision repair maps of the human and E. coli genomes.The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 292(38), 15588-15597.
- Hu J.#, Adebali O.#, Adar S., Sancar A.* (2017) Dynamic maps of UV damage formation and repair. PNAS, 114(26), 6758-6763.
- Li W., Hu J., Adebali O., Adar S., Yang Y., Chiou Y., Sancar A.* (2017) Human genome-wide repair map of DNA damage caused by the cigarette smoke carcinogen benzo[a]pyrene. PNAS, 114(26), 6752-6757.
- Adebali O., Petukh M., Reznik A., Tishkov A., Upadhyay A., Zhulin I.B.* (2017) Class III histidine kinases: a recently accessorized kinase domain in putative modulators of type IV pili based motility. Journal of Bacteriology, 199(18), e00218-17.
- Adebali O., Chiou Y., Hu J., Sancar A.*, Selby C.P.* (2017) Genome-wide transcription-coupled repair in Escherichia coli is mediated by the Mfd translocase. PNAS, 114(11), E2116-E2125.
- Adebali O.*, Zhulin I.B. (2016) Aquerium: a web application for comparative exploration of domain-based protein occurrences on the taxonomically clustered genome tree. Proteins, 85(1), 72-77.
- Upadhyay A.A., Fleetwood A.D., Adebali O., Finn R., Zhulin I.B.* (2016) Cache domains are dominant extracellular sensors for signal transduction in prokaryotes. PLOS Computational Biology, 12(4).
- Adebali O., Reznik A.O., Ory D.S., Zhulin, I.B.* (2016) Establishing the precise evolutionary history of a gene improves predicting disease-causing missense mutations. Genetics in Medicine, 18(10), 1029-1036.
- Adebali O.*, Ortega D.R., Zhulin I.B.* (2015) CDvist: a webserver for identification and visualization of conserved domains in protein sequences. Bioinformatics, 31(9), 1475–1477.
# Equal Contribution | * Corresponding Author